THIS A DRILL/NOT A REAL GIVEAWAY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, February 2, 2015
I am always on the hunt for more natural and/or organic skincare products, so when I stumbled upon a Canadian company that sells skincare products of just that, I decided to snag some new skincare goodies to try. Druide's Bio-Tensor Face Cream with Jenny's milk and Argan oil sounded like an dream moisturizer.
The description for this product promises so many great things, and each ingredient sounds more and more promising: "Jenny's milk [aka donkey's milk], a timeless beauty secret: It combines the benefits of nourishing Argan oil, protective kokum butter, revitalizing roses and antioxidant hibiscus flowers." Though the idea of putting donkey's milk on one's face may not be appealing, the website promises that it's a worth it because it's loaded with vitamins, minerals, polyunsaturated fats, and peptides. I mean, who would say "no" to that? The container has a pump so it is very hygienic.
The consistency of the "face cream" was actually really light and thin so it blended and sank into my skin quickly. There is a unique scent as well; it has quite a strong herbal smell with that distinctive argan oil smell. The smell does linger a bit on the face so be warned - it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I used this face cream for the majority of the winter time and even though I have oily skin, I still did not find it to be that moisturizing. I would apply more throughout the day but it does not help eliminate that dry feeling on my face.
The Bio-Tensor face cream does have an impressive list of ingredients but it did not moisturize will enough for me. I really wanted to like this product but I just do not think that this face cream is worth it. It was quite expensive ($49.95 CAD for 50ml), it did not last long for me (I finished the entire bottle in about a month), and it has limited availability (you can only get it off their website currently). If you are looking for a light moisturizer with good ingredients, and you are willing to spend the money, and you are able to get a hold of this product then maybe the Bio-Tensor face cream is for you but other than that, I would pass.
INGREDIENTS (INCI): Hibiscus sabdariffa Extract*, Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Extract*, Aqua, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes, Lactis asinus (Jenny milk), Hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, Sodium hyaluronate, Garcinia indica (Kokum) butter, Cetyl alcohol, Moringa pterygosperma seed extract, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil*, Mangifera indica (mango) butter, Bentonite, Argania spinosa (Argan) oil*, Glycerin, Levulinic acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Usnea barbata extract [CO2], Xanthan gum, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Commiphora myrrha (Myrrh) resin extract, Backousia citriodora (Lemon myrtle) leaf oil*, Michelia alba (Magnolia) flower oil, Citrus medica limonum extract, Polyglyceryl-3 palmitate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Polyglyceryl-6-caprylate, Linoleic Acid (and) Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Sodium citrate. (Essential oil components: Linalool, Citral)
XO, Jenn & Nicole
Sunday, January 25, 2015
I am always stalking the Sephora website for new beauty products to try but I have never been so excited about so many new products like I am currently. There are so many new and innovative products out there right now. For example, the GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSE™ Daily Clearing Cleanser is a MUD to FOAM cleanser (taking the mud to the next level), and Peter Thomas Roth has a "bubbling" face mask (apparently the bubbling effect feels amazing on the skin). Here are some of the new items I have my eyes on.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula™ Luxury Facial Oil
- NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
- Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubbling Mask
- GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSE™ Daily Clearing Cleanser
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
- Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette
XO, Jenn & Nicole
Friday, November 7, 2014
1. NYX Cosmetics HD Concealer Wand - This is one of the best drugstore concealers I've tried. It does an amazing job at concealing zits. I don't have undereye circles so I cannot comment on that but I think it would do an adequate job with that since you don't need much, and since the concealer stays on for the whole day. It is easily blendable so not much of the product is required.
2. L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer - I love this highlighter because it is subtle enough to use all over the face as a primer, or as a highlighter. I have not broken out from this, and although I have oily skin, this does not make me look extra oily or dewy.
3. Anna Sui Mascara Base - This is one of my favourite eyelash primers I've tried (I've tried the one from Lancome, Dior, and MAC). I love that the wand is smaller than your typical mascara and eyelash primer brush. This means you can really get in there and coat all of your lashes. The consistency is also like a gel - and even though the product is actually purple (the purple does not show up on your lashes) - so it is not super wet such that it will make your lashes droop. You can put your mascara on right after applying this or after a few minutes; I found that I get the best results when I apply mascara after ~10 seconds after primer application. The Anna Sui primer makes my lashes look thicker and longer.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips - Peppermint - This is the only Baby Lips I've tried from Maybelline but I really like it. This particular lip balm does not have any colour/tint (as many do) and does not have too much of a scent besides a bit of menthol scent, which does not linger at all after application. I think this does an adequate job of moisturizing the lips but it is not at all a heavy duty lip balm. For that reason, I do not recommend it for the fall or winter time.
5. Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Toilette - I absolutely love this scent. I wore this throughout the summer because it was an EDT so it was not overpowering. It was light but still sexy at the same time. Of course, being an EDT, the scent did not last a long time but I think it is a compromise for wanting to wear this very sexy and night-out-type perfume in the daytime. I will definitely be buying myself a refillable Eau de Parfum bottle.
What were your favourites from the past month?
XO Jenn & Nicole
Thursday, November 6, 2014
It's that time again: Sephora is offering 20% for all their VIB users. Like a lot of beauty junkies, I have a growing wish list from Sephora. This a good time to splurge on an expensive but high quality hair or skincare tool, or to re-stock your favourite perfume. Aside from being great gift ideas, the gift sets that come out around the holidays are great deals so it's a good time to take advantage of the sale to treat yourself and to save some money buying those Christmas gifts!
Left to Right, Clock Wise:
Left to Right, Clock Wise:
- Perricone MD The Science of Plasma Set
- Buxom Pout It Out
- tarte Makin' Waves Best–Selling Summer Essentials Set
- Thierry Mugler Angel Glamourama
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment
- Foreo Mini
- T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
XO Jenn & Nicole