Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 2012 TopBox

March 2012 TopBox
My March TopBox arrived yesterday and oh my goodness, someone had totally raped it ! As some of you guys know, most of these subscription boxes are delivered by Canada Post and since shipping is free, they usually just leave it at your door (without ringing your doorbell, etc. etc) and someone totally opened up the wrapping and rummaged through the whole thing. Luckily nothing was stolen - but who would freaking even steal beauty samples?

Anyway, here are the products.

MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash Mascara
I love mini mascara samples and I was really excited to see this mascara as I've heard so many raves about this mascara! I can't wait to try it out but I'm kind of scared that I'm going to fall madly in love with it that I will forever have to keep purchasing a $24 mascara every three months. Mascara is something I don't believe in dropping so much money on - especially since I dry mine out by the third month.

mark. Gloss Gorgeous Stay on Lip Stain in Frilly
I have not swatched this yet as I am contemplating about giving away because this colour, based on the colour indication/panel on the product, seems to not be one of those colours I like to wear. I prefer nude and neutral lip colours but seeing that coral and bright colours are in for the Spring time, this might just make me take the dive and try something new.

mark. Nailed It Trend Mini Nail Lacquer
Love the mini bottles - so cute. I have something like the purple shade but the pink one is screaming Easter to me!


Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Condition
Again, super annoyed that they included shampoo for colour treated hair since not every one colour treats their hair..

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
I was glad to see another product I've been meaning to purchase; I was literally at Wal-Mart (Simple is now sold in Canadian Wal-Marts) just a few days ago and I picked this up but had put it back because I know someone who got a better deal on this prior so I decided to wait. Now, I have a deluxe sample of this to test this out before purchasing! This is great, especially with products like these as some can leave a nasty layer on your face afterwards.

March 2012 TopBox
March 2012 TopBox
Overall, without including the bonus sample, I would have to say that this box was really similar to last month’s in terms of ‘wow’ factor. Needless to say, I will not be continuing my subscription with TopBox. Here are some reasons, I do not like the tube like box it comes in, I’d rather much prefer a regular rectangle box which I can easily reuse and store on a shelf somewhere, the wrapping of the cylindral box in which it is shipped in makes it so easy for people to open it (as like what had happen) and the brands that they carry are just not enticing for me. I also really dislike the fact that I keep getting shampoo samples for color treated hair when I have never colored my hair in my life.

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment