Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara Review

Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara
I am a big fan of Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascaras - namely, the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous so when I saw that they had come out with yet another lengthening mascara, I knew I had to try it. This mascara is marketed as one that achieves it's lengthening property by a "fibre extension" mechanism - adding 4mm fibers onto your lashes to extend them.




Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara
I think I have definitely found my HG drugstore lengthening mascara. Whether or not my lashes are lengthened precisely by 4mm, I cannot say for sure but this mascara is by far the best lengthening mascara I have tried to date. It not only makes my lashes look stellar, but the waterproof version does a wonderful job of holding curl as well. With me, I love to layer (and I mean, layer, think 5+ coats) my mascaras and this one handles my layering addition amazingly. With two coats, you still get really nice length but it is definitely more natural looking. On the other hand, going above and beyond and giving your lashes a few more coats and wiggles, you can get a dramatic length. With this being said, this mascara is not volumizing at all - of course, I cannot take points off Maybelline for this as it is does not claim to provide such so you have to keep this in mind if volume is more important to you than length.

Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara
Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara

Comparing Illegal Lengths to Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, because as mentioned earlier, their principal feature is their fibers, the wand does not have to be in a wavy shape like  Lash Stiletto Voluptuous. I first thought this could be a downfall since when I compared  Lash Stiletto Voluptuous with the original Lash Stiletto mascara, I thought the original Stiletto was lacking because of the wand, however this is not the case for Illegal Lengths.   

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment