Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Mascara and Lash Primers (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, Maybelline) Haul


 As per usual, I have been obsessing over how long my lashes can look with the Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Waterproof so I had to purchase a backup when it was on sale at the drugstore (that makes this one the third I've purchased thus far - it's that good! I have never repurchased the same mascara three times as I usually love to try out new ones but this one has to be a staple in my makeup collection). While at the drugstore, I picked up one of L'Oreal's new volumizing mascara, because in my opinion, though Maybelline makes the best lengthening mascara, L'Oreal makes the best volumizing mascaras (a la the original Voluminous and Million Lashes). This new L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24 Hour Waterproof Mascara to me was like a mesh between the Million Lashes and the Extra-Volume Collagen, which I have been meaning to try, so this was a must-try!


Shiseido Estee Lauder Eyelash Primer

While Illegal Lengths have been giving me phenomenal lashes, my lashes have not been in the best condition. I cannot say that it is the mascara causing the numerous lash breakages I have been experiencing because overapplying mascara has been a problem of mine, I had to do something about it but I just could not give up using the Illegal lengths. The fact that that this mascara is waterproof does not help either, because as well all know, waterproof mascara formulas can be really drying to your lashes. Anyway, to compensate for this fact, I decided to dive back into the lash primer world again. To date, I have tried numerous lash primers but have yet to try the ever so popular, Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base. I thought because of it's 'nourishing' properties while it primes your lashes, this is the perfect time to try this out.

On the way, I decided to pick up the Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus Full Treatment Formula just in case! ;)

Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base

Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus Full Treatment Formula

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment