Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mahogany Teakwood by White Barn Review


Mahogany Teakwood by White Barn is a musky and woodsy scented candle with the variations of different wood scents from mahogany to oak to cedar, aiming to mimic the scents of a the selection of woods you would choose to start up a nice, warm, cozy fire. However, there is an obvious consensus (by fellow purchasers) that this particular candle smells exactly like a men's cologne (it is quite undeniable actually), so that in itself, makes this candle so alluring. It's not a yummy-in-my-tummy scent but more of a yummy-man scent.

Needless to say, Mahogany Teakwood is an entirely different take on Fall: combining the earthiness of Fall with that of a more sexy and manly scent if you will, and deviating from the common ingredients and notes of cinnamon, pumpkin and the likes that you typically find in fall-themed candles. While candles found at B&BW are of high quality and are thus usually highly aromatic, it is important to note that this candle is not overwhelming at all (it is not as in the case of some men who seem like they've literally doused themselves in cologne - a pet peeve of mine because I like to breathe, thank you very much). It is masculine yet soothing and pleasant at the same time. On another note, the light cream coloured wax brings some softness to the candle.

With all that being said, this candle may not be for everyone as some may think that it is too manly smelling to be a candle but it is worth giving a whiff if you are at your local Bath & Body Works store.  This has quickly become one of my favourite candles (translation: definitely buying-backup worthy) because it is so different than the usual fall scents, but at the same time, does not lack the warm homey feeling of cult favourites like Leaves and Marshmellow Fireside. The packaging is gorgeous. This is really like the perfect man in candle form: gorgeous looking, warm and cozy, manly yet soft, and smells really good... ;)





XO Nicole

Read more:

5 comments:

  1. you got me at earthiness of fall. i feel like i need that in my room now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described it "perfect man in candle form: gorgeous looking, warm and cozy..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you described it "perfect man in candle form: gorgeous looking, warm and cozy..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stuff reminds me of my outdoor wood furniture (I'm pretty sure it's made out of teak wood). I'm sure it smells great!
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, I think that is what my outdoor wood furniture is made from (teak). I'm sure it smells great!
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete