Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Summer 2012 Favourites


Finally summer is nearing its end (September 22 2012 marks the first official day of Fall) but for me, it's never too early to throw summer its farewell party - yes, I'm that person who hates on summer (I realize hate is probably too strong of a word). Nevertheless, I had to endure it and I tried to embrace it with using some fun and/or easier products to help me survive the crazy heat and sun rays.
  1. Vera Wang Princess' Eau de Toilette Spray - I loved this perfume during the summer time because it is florally but very light and fresh at the same time.
  2. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil - This is another product I found in my stash that I fell in love with this summer. I am very pale so I self-tan with a gradual tanner but sometimes, I still need a little bit of a extra glow and this gives that to me so easily. It’s very blend able, adds the perfect amount of shimmer and most importantly, it does not leave you like a oily mess.
  3. Bobbi Brown beach Body Lotion - The fragrance of this lotion is basically summer in a body lotion - it reminds of me a typical suntan lotion on the beach on a sunny day! The scent is light but very long-lasting.Not only that, but it does a great job of moisturizing without feeling greasy and sticky. I am so obsessed with this that I am sure this will become a staple in my summer routine.
  4. Jane Iredale Dream Tint - I randomly stumbled onto this product when I was looking for a tinted moisturizer for the summer. While Jane Iredale is mostly geared towards more mature skin-types, I found this ™ to work well on my combination skin and it gave me light but enough coverage for using everyday. One of the things that intrigued me with this product besides the promo which I felt was a sign for me to get this product, was that the active ingredients for the SPF property were physical blockers. I could do with the lavender scent though.
  5. OPI Strawberry Margarita - For the summer, I love wearing bright and bold colours on my toes. Strawberry Margarita was the go-to polish for me this summer. The colour is gorgeous: it is a vibrant and warmer-based pink that just goes on so easily, as it is very opaque - two coats does it perfectly!
  6. Essie Silken Cord Nail Lacquer - Silken Cord is a "risque red" so I tend to wear this mostly on my toes as well for when I really want to add a pop of colour to my toes and my outfit.
  7. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Water Light Daily Face Sunscreen SPF 60 -This product is amazing. For those of you who do not like the feel of heavy sunscreens and/or are lazy to wait long enough for the sunscreen to be absorbed into the skin (like myself), then this is the product for you. This was so perfect for summer with the broad spectrum SPF protection in addition to the very lightweight feel. I would definitely repurchase this if the active ingredients were zinc oxide and titanium dioxide instead of the soluble sunscreen ingredients.
XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment