Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Empties Part 2 - Cleansers

  1. Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask Pineapple - I have only used this once as a mask because I do not like the feel of this as it does not harden and dry like typical masks. It just sits on your face. I use it more like a cleanser. What I do is crush up so aspirin (salicylic acid) and massage that on my skin as an exfoliator for a ~20seconds and then massage some of the pineapple mask over the aspirin for another 20seconds. I learned this based on nuberxo’s suggestion in one of her videos on youtube. The aspirin helps exfoliate while targeting any problem areas and the enzymes from the pineapple mask is also able to penetrate into the skin, leaving your face to be super smooth, bright, and supple afterwards. The mask has pineapple extract and AHA exfoliant (we all know how much I love my AHA)!
  2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - This stuff smells amazing - let’s just get that out of the way. This product is different than anything I have tried: it is a powder that you mix with water to exfoliate. I have received two of these from previous beauty subscription boxes so I have had to opportunity to really see the results of continued use. If I did not own a Clarisonic, I would definitely repurchase the full sized product of this. It leaves my skin super smooth and it really helps reduce the appearance of my pores. It’s not rough like the St. Ives apricot scrub but it is sufficient to get the dead stuff off your skin while combating your acne with the salicylic acid.
  3. Clarisonic Nourishing Care Cleanser - This cleanser is orange scented and it smells lovely. I do not have dry skin so I cannot say this that this really helped in that area. This product is nothing special. I used it with my Clarisonic to remove makeup and it does the job. This product may be discontinued now though.
  4. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel - LOVED this, but for some reason, I've only ever did mini reviews on this. I think it's because I only purchased the travel size and I don't have enough pictures of it for a full review?
  5. Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser - This has to be the worst smelling cleanser I have used in a while. Okay, it's not nasty nasty, but the smell reminds me kind of like vomit (sorry if that totally grossed you out). I thought this cleanser was great (aside from the scent); it did a good job removing my makeup in conjuction with my Clarisonic and with its white milky creamy consistancy, it allowed my Clarisonic to really glide easily all over the face to remove all the makeup. I would not repurchase only because it is pricey for a cleanser whose main purpose is to remove makeup with the Clarisonic.
  6. Neutrogena SkinID Toner #40 - I feel like this toner is just like any other toner that I've used and purchased from the drugstore. This did not do anything with my acne. 
Stay tuned for part 3 of this Empties series!

XO Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment