Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Empties Part 4: Misc (Body Wash, Hair, Perfume)


L'Oreal Re-Nutrition Intense Mask - Although this is marketed as an intense moisturizing deep conditioner, I did not find it to do much to my hair. I used it very infrequently because I just could not stand the smell! Maybe that’s why I did not see much results because I was not consistent with it. I do not know how to describe the smell but make sure you give it a sniff before you buy it.

Dove VisibleCare Toning Crème Body Wash - Here is another one of the gimmicky products. Seriously, who is to believe that a body wash would help “tone” your body? Let’s not be so optimistic. The reason I purchased this was for the smell. I love Dove body washes as they are super creamy and they last for quite a long time so I thought I’d give this line a try so I obviously opted for this one. The smell is very fresh and clean. I love it regardless of whether it helps with elasticity or not (which, I do not think it did but perhaps with more continued use?)



Even though I am nearing the end of Lola and Princess, and growing tired of Fancy (gee, these are such girly perfumes I have eh? Fancy Princess Lola!), I am restraining myself from opening my Lancome La Vie est Belle perfume and/or purchasing a new one (ie. Miss Dior) because I have so many perfume samples to use up. I am not going to go over all the perfume but I will mention those that stood out. 

From left to right (in the photo):

Giorgio Armani Armani Code Pour Femme - I actually grew to like this after my second use of this sample. At first, I found it to be a bit too fresh for my liking (I like musky sexy scents) but this becomes almost sweet while keeping that freshness.

Twirl By Kate Spade

Givenchy Play For Her - I was surprised by this one because I thought I would not like it (the packaging is ugly so I never paid attention to it - uh, superficial? but seriously, look up the full size product if you’ve never seen it and let me know if you would like to keep this out on your vanity), but it’s a very sweet and young/flirty scent that I think would be perfect for the day time when I’m feeling adventurous. When I came home, I almost bought myself the smallest bottle of this for spring!

Hanae Mori Butterfly - This perfume was just awful. It’s very sweet but it also has this very distant note to it that makes it smell obnoxious. I had to make myself use this up because I did not want to waste a sample… yes. It seems like a lot of people like it but I absolutely do not.

Lancôme La Vie est Belle - I enjoyed this but its sweetness reminded me so much of Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb, which I am not crazy about in the first place. The one major thing about this scent was that it did not last long at all. It was also very faint.

Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir

FlowerbyKenzo - Oh my goodness, I hated this scent so much that I had much rather go without perfume than spraying this one. This scent straight up reminds me of public washrooms ... clean public washrooms, as in the smell of the generic soap or washing agents the cleaners use to clean the washrooms. So yeah, this perfume reminds me of washrooms.


Other relevant post:

No comments:

Post a Comment