Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year, New Make Up! 2013 Materialistic Wish List

As I am in the final year of my undergrad and as I take on more courses (6) than I will ever have, I want products that will be easy to slap on while delivering in coverage and finish. Based on the reviews I have read, here are some of the products that I see potential for this task. These products will be purchased when they are "needed" (ie. to replace something else) or when there is irresistible deal.




  1. MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator ($28USD/$33.50CAD)- MAC has released this exfoliator on and off again for various collections, but they have finally decided to make this a permanent product in their skincare line. When this was a LE, I could never get my hands on this stuff, so now that it's permanent (with a significant price increase), I will finally be able to try this much raved about product (“Refines and unclogs the skin, adds instant moisture … mineral-rich”) - I am also looking to replace the abrasive St. Ives Apricot Scrub I am currently using.
  2. L’Occitane Immortelle Precious Serum ($70USD) - Although this is an "anti-aging" serum, I get the impression that it is more suited for skintypes that already have wrinkles, I got hooked on this stuff after using sample. I may be only buying this for its heavenly scent.
  3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette ($27USD/$32CAD) - I do not have an extensive
    eyeshadow collection so I can easily justify this even though I do have both NAKED 1 and 2. I feel like this is too "practical" to pass up.
  4. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa ($29USD/$36CAD)- Matte, not too orange, no parabens = perfect for my new contour powder.
  5. Bobbi Brown BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 ($42USD/- Although I do love my Dr. Jart Black Label BB cream, I am always looking for new things to try out; I love Bobbi Brown and I've heard many good things about this product!
  6. MAC 109 Small Contour Brush ($35USD/$42CAD)- This may not be the most "necessary" item on this wish list because my Elf Complexion Brush but that ferrel is barely holding on. I love this because the shape is so unique, and God knows that after these holidays, I am in major need of some major contouring action.
  7. DR. JART+ The Original BB Cream Set  ($34USD/CAD)- Instead of buying another Dr. Jart Black Label BB cream, why not go for a Dr. Jart set to try out all the other different BB creams Dr. Jart has to offer? This kit is perfect!
  8. Dermablend Jar Cover Creme ($35USD/CAD) - I was sold when I saw the Dermablend commerical featuring the awesome Rick Genest! Full coverage, here we come!
  9. SHISEIDO The Makeup Powdery Foundation - O40 Natural Fair Ochre ($29.50USD/CAD)- I found out about this product when I was looking for a medium coverage powder foundation. At that time, all the shades and the case were out of stock and people were saying that this was being discontinued or Sephora will no longer carry this product anymore ... of course, after reading all the raving reviews on the website, I was heartbroken. Nontheless, I put down my email for notification if this was coming to ever come back in stock, and thankfully, a few months later, I got the good news from Sephora. They were bringing this back! I cannot wait to try this out when I am done with my Cover Fx powder foundation.
If I can resist, these will probably be the only products that I will buy - unless, something incredible comes along and I cannot resist.

You may notice that I am holding off on purchasing a fragrance. I have a bucket load of perfume samples and I also have a brand new Lancome La Vie est Belle lying around, which I am hoping to sell off because I'd rather much get my Miss Dior! :)

Skincare does not count as good skincare is an absolute must!

XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment