Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Featuring Real Techniques Brushes by Samantha Chapman Core Collection Set


Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman are finally available in Canada at London Drugs! Ever since I heard that people were spotting these at London Drugs, I tried tracking them down at all the closest stores near me but they were never to be seen, which was expected. Finally, after what seems like a long time - after which probably everyone has picked up at least one of the three sets, it was my turn. The sets were back in stock and I snatched up the Core Collection. The Real Technique brushes are not only affordable but people have been saying that they are really soft and high quality. I prefer synthetic brushes because I feel like they pick up product a lot better and are always soft on the skin. The thing two brushes I wanted to try most were the blush brush and the contour brush but only the sets are currently being sold at London Drugs; the sets are the core collectiontravel essentials, starter set. I believe they are all $19.99CAD each, which makes any of the sets worth it as you are getting at least three brushes (these sets are even more inexpensive than some more unknown/unpopular brands found at the drug stores). So, since none of the collections has the blush brush, I opted for the core collection because luckily, it had the contour brush as well as brushes that I knew I was going to use a lot. I am actually really glad that this set also comes with a "detailer brush" because it looks like it would be so perfect with concealer in terms of allowing precise spot concealing! I think the case is also a great bonus. It is actually not just a random case to roll or store your brushes in for travel but it can stand your brushes up for when you are applying your makeup! The only negative opinion I have about the brushes based first impression is the packing. I am not a fan of the different colours, the aluminum and the black bottoms because I think they make the brushes look a bit cheap but I can live with that if the brushes deliver  Look out for a review soon!

From the official Real Techniques website:
  • includes 4 full-size brushes + case:
    • detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
    • pointed foundation brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
    • buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
    • contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
  • panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free extended 
  • aluminum handles are light and easy to use

What do you think about Sam's brushes? What are your favourites?









XO Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment