1. NYX Cosmetics HD Concealer Wand - This is one of the best drugstore concealers I've tried. It does an amazing job at concealing zits. I don't have undereye circles so I cannot comment on that but I think it would do an adequate job with that since you don't need much, and since the concealer stays on for the whole day. It is easily blendable so not much of the product is required.
2. L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer - I love this highlighter because it is subtle enough to use all over the face as a primer, or as a highlighter. I have not broken out from this, and although I have oily skin, this does not make me look extra oily or dewy.
3. Anna Sui Mascara Base - This is one of my favourite eyelash primers I've tried (I've tried the one from Lancome, Dior, and MAC). I love that the wand is smaller than your typical mascara and eyelash primer brush. This means you can really get in there and coat all of your lashes. The consistency is also like a gel - and even though the product is actually purple (the purple does not show up on your lashes) - so it is not super wet such that it will make your lashes droop. You can put your mascara on right after applying this or after a few minutes; I found that I get the best results when I apply mascara after ~10 seconds after primer application. The Anna Sui primer makes my lashes look thicker and longer.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips - Peppermint - This is the only Baby Lips I've tried from Maybelline but I really like it. This particular lip balm does not have any colour/tint (as many do) and does not have too much of a scent besides a bit of menthol scent, which does not linger at all after application. I think this does an adequate job of moisturizing the lips but it is not at all a heavy duty lip balm. For that reason, I do not recommend it for the fall or winter time.
5. Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Toilette - I absolutely love this scent. I wore this throughout the summer because it was an EDT so it was not overpowering. It was light but still sexy at the same time. Of course, being an EDT, the scent did not last a long time but I think it is a compromise for wanting to wear this very sexy and night-out-type perfume in the daytime. I will definitely be buying myself a refillable Eau de Parfum bottle.
What were your favourites from the past month?
XO Jenn & Nicole